Vinyl matt paints are the best option when it comes to interior walls and ceilings painting. They provide a smooth and tough matt finish that holds its ground for a long time. The matt finish is unique and cannot reflect the incident light, which makes it suitable for application where you want to disguise the damaged surface. Vinyl paints come in various surface finishes and colours.
Resin is a material that is added to the paint to give it extra tough qualities. The need for this material is due to higher required qualities to make the paint stronger and more resistant against moisture and other weather variations. These qualities of the paint are not achievable without the use of resin. The paint without the resin is more prone to environmental challenges and fails to protect the surface for a long time. So, a resin is added to vinyl paints and other acrylic paints to enhance their abilities. The quality of the resin indicates the quality of the paint. A good quality paint should have good quality resin.
Colour consistency is a challenge for the paint. The colour consistent life of the paint is often decreased by contact with direct sunlight. But the interior paints are safe from this factor mostly. This sunlight makes the paint fade after some time to avoid this you should use UV resistant paints. But in this interior condition, the consistency of the paint depends on the efficiency of the painting process. The efficiency of the painting process depends on the preparation of the surface, preparation of the paint, and the application of the paint. These processes should be carried out carefully and thoroughly to achieve the best results.
Before the application of the paint, the surface should be prepared. The surface preparation is important for the long-lasting of the good paint look. This is done to provide a clean surface to the paint for a better adhesion process. The surface should be cleaned from the following types of filths present on the surface.
- Dirt: Dirt should be removed by cleaning the surface with water and cloth. If not removed the paint will stick to the dirt instead of the wall and will result in blistering.
- Oil stains: You should clean these off the surface by using some detergent because these are not water-soluble and will not come off easily. Any household detergent can be used to perform this task. Other similar stains of grease and smoke should also be cleaned.
- Mould: If any mould is present on the surface you should remove it before applying the paint. If it is in a small area remove it with soap and water and let it dry. If it is spread in a large area the mould killing paint is recommended because it can be applied at the mould and save you the worry of cleaning.
- Use a spackle blade to remove the sand and previous paint layer. Perform this activity around rough edges, this soothes the surface for new paint.
- Apply spackle to cracks and holes, this process fills up any cavities in the surface and make it look continues. Use thin coats because as compared to thick coats they do not shrink on drying.
- If the surface is too smooth or glossy use sandpaper to roughen the surface. This will increase the adhesion force between the paint and surface.
Improperly prepared surface results in reduced life of the paint layer. A big percentage of the failure of the coating happens due to insufficient surface preparation. After surface preparation, the next step of paint preparation is very important. The quantity of the thinner material added to the paint determines the final look of the paint on the wall. Some paints are already mixed and ready to be used but some paints are supposed to be mixed with thinner before application. Care should be taken while mixing the thinner material, to get the best possible results to read the instruction on the paint. It is specified on the paint that how much of the thinner should be used on the paint for perfect paint preparation. Always make sure to use a scale to add thinner, for example, a beaker or other scaled pot. This is done to keep track of how much thinner is added and what is the required need. After adding the thinner make sure you stir the mixture until it is homogenous. The kind of thinner which will be used for the paint is specified on the paint product. It is written as water-based or oil-based.
The most important reason for inconsistency in the paint is due to irregular and abrupt painting process. Before starting to paint mix the paint well and then pour it into different buckets. While panting the room you should keep a sequence, this is important in uniform distribution of the paint. While painting the room start from the ceiling, this will prevent the splash of the paint on to the walls that can be a problem if the paint colour of the ceiling and wall is different. Similarly, while painting the walls start from the corner and move away. These basic techniques will help you get a smooth evenly distributed finish.
- Keep a wet edge
Whether painting with a brush or roller maintains the tool wet. This prevents the paint to come off soon on drying. If you keep the roller wet all the time while painting it will give a smooth equally distributed paint layer.
- Paint the height each time
While painting a wall starting from its top and move towards the bottom. Every time you perform this practice be sure to paint the total height of the wall. This basic challenge is if the wall height is greater than your height. If you paint the wall from the shoulder level to downwards and then the remaining wall it will give two different paint layers. You should paint down to the wall from its top to get even distribution of the paint.While buying paint make sure you buy it in bulk or at least enough to fulfil your needs. Because sometimes it is possible that you ran short on paint and it is not available in the same colour. This can be a problem so, to avoid this buy enough paint. You can visit www.paintoutlet.co.uk to buy good quality and economic paints. You can choose the colour and category of the paint by your choice. If you are looking for long-lasting, good quality paint you should give it a try.